“Spread positivity everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
Everyone has the power of spreading positivity. Here are some simple and sincere ideas.
- Write a “thank you” note- We often get busy and sometimes forget to simply say, thank you. You are probably appreciative of someone for something they did or just for being the person they are. Take a couple minutes to hand write a note telling them what you love about them, even if it’s simply for being them.
- Be the first to speak- When you pass someone walking, on the elevator, at a meeting, be the first one to speak. Say good morning or ask how how someone’s day is going. Acknowledging someone’s existence is more valuable than you may think. Challenge yourself to be the first to initiate a small conversation.
- Compliment someone- Whether this be in person, at work, or even on social media, raise someone’s confidence by telling them something with kindness. Next time you are scrolling through your social media and come across something that you like, tell them. Tell the girl her selfie is beautiful. Point out how adorable their newborn baby is. Say congratulations to the friend that got the promotion. Too often we think these positive things, but we don’t take the time to say them.
- Give love away- Love one another, even someone you think may not deserve it. This idea is probably the most challenging, but spreading positivity in tough times will make the most difference. Be the light in a dark situation.
- Smile and body language- A simple smile goes a long way. When you make eye contact with someone and smile, you appear approachable. Stand up straight, uncross your arms, turn your body towards someone speaking, and making eye contact are ways to perfect your body language. Little details that will help spread a positive vibe around you.
- Love yourself- Until you truly love yourself and confident in the person you are, you won’t be able to send positivity around. Be you, Unapologetic This blog post will define how to confidently be you. Once you love yourself, the happiness and positivity will beam off of you.
Pick one, or two or three, and try it out this week!