With having new subscribers/followers of the blog, I decided that a ‘get to know me’ post would be fun! I think one of the most awesome aspects about blogs, or any social media really, is having the chance to get to know someone who you might not have had the opportunity to in any other way. I have met some marvelous people through blogging and social media who inspire me every day. Personally, I am so thankful for every person that does follow my blog and always know that I appreciate the love and support on it!
Well here they are, 20 random facts!
- In contrast of the fashionista I am now, I was a complete “tomboy” when I was little. Soccer fields and tennis shoes were definitely my thing. I owned maybe one dress in which my mom probably made me get!
- I am obsessed, like seriously obsessed, with puppies! Every time I see one I have to stop and pet them for 26 minutes…at least! Shadow, a Siberian Husky, and Butters, an English Bulldog, are my pride and joys!
- I love pizza, but my favorite kind is thin crust with the little pepperoni that curl up on the side. Do you know what I am talking about?! They really do taste better!
- As mentioned, I grew up on the soccer field. I started playing when I was 8 years old and instantly fell in love with the game. I was always little for my age but that did not stop me from playing in coed divisions and knocking down anyone that got in my way! When I played I always acted like I was a little Mia Hamm.
- When I got to high school I decided I wanted to try out for the dance team and even though I didn’t have a clue of what I was doing, I made the team.
- Dancing ended up creating my career. I was fortunate to be selected to dance for the Spurs (NBA) for 3 amazing years. Those memories, by far, have been the most amazing and really molded me as a person. I was chosen my third year to co-captain the team which was decided by my teammates. That right there is an unbelievable feeling. (I have written a blog about a huge struggle I had to overcome before dancing for the NBA: Click Here)
- Last one about dance! But I can’t fill you in on my life without mentioning my job of being a high school dance director. I have the privilege of directing the most talented group of young ladies I have ever seen. These girls inspire and amaze me everyday and then there are some days where I am just blown away.
- Bad Habit: I bite my nails. Yes, still to this day, how embarrassing. I usually have them done because that prevents me from biting them.
- I am a very social person but also can be introverted at times. Going out to brunch with the girls or sitting at home blogging by myself, I enjoy both equally.
- A supportive and loving family is something I don’t ever take for granted. I know I am blessed to have the parents and sister that I do. I also have THE cutest niece and nephew! (Love you guys ♥)
- I’m a silly romantic. I believe in fate, love at first sight, and truly love to hear love stories. The story of how my parents met will always be my favorite. (Would that be something you all would want to read about?… If that’s okay with you mom!)
- I have always believed that every moment of your life has meaning. So, I would consider myself a deep thinker because I always reflect on events/situations that happen and try to find the ‘why.’
- I have a huge fascination with jails. That probably sounds weird, but I find it intriguing as to how people get to where they are in life to make it there. I also have a huge desire to try to influence our youth to a more positive life after their time in juvenile. (I have written a blog about my experiences: Click here)
- The first thing I think about when waking up is coffee.
- The last thing I think about before going to sleep is how lucky I am. I pray a short prayer thanking God for everything.
- I used to plan my life. At age 10 I said I would never get married and would rescue all the dogs and they would be my family. When I was in high school I said I would be 23 when I got married and by 25 I would have my first child. In college, the plan was to move after graduation to live in a new place. At age 28 none of this has happened and I couldn’t be more thankful. Well, besides maybe the rescuing dogs part. That still sounds pretty ideal. But, I learned that God’s plan is so much bigger and better than a life I could ever design for myself. I am currently dating the man I am supposed to be dating and I have the best children that are perfect for me at this time in my life. Refer to number 2 if you’re confused!
- I can imitate Chewbacca from Stars Wars perfectly even though I have never seen the movies.
- I was born and raised in Texas (besides two boring years living in Grand Forks, North Dakota) but, I don’t like tea, not a fan of BBQ, and a I’m a lifetime Yankees fan. (My dad is from New York, calm down!) Everything else about Texas though, I love.
- Pet Peeves: When someone steps on the back of my shoes. It just makes me wonder why they are so close in the first place! I also don’t like loud chewers. The ones that even if their mouth is closed, you can still hear them. It creeps me out!
- I enjoy blogging and having this outlet to voice my interests, ideas, memories, and appreciate those that take the time to read. Thank you!
I hope you enjoyed those 20 random facts about yours truly! Leave a comment if you relate to any of them or if one of them sparks a thought or story, tell me about it!