Today I want to talk to y’all about my pre-workout tips that I use before EVERY workout. I guess you could call them rituals! Give them a try and let me know what works for you all in the comments!
- Make sure you have a fun workout playlist ready to go before you start your workout. This will eliminate the stop/start action and help you keep momentum. If you need song ideas, I have compiled my favorite upbeat music list here!
- Maybe not for every girl, but for me, if I am wearing cute work out gear, my workouts always go better. I feel a little more styled and I can concentrate on the workout. This is the same for wearing make up at the gym. I know so many give girls a bad time for others doing this, but honestly, if it makes you feel good, go on and do it! If you feel confident walking into the gym, you’ll walk out feeling more successful.
- Set up a workout that you look forward doing. If you hate running, don’t run. Yoga isn’t your thing, try something else! There are so many options and different types of workouts that you shouldn’t limit yourself. Find a workout that works for you!
- Food is not bad and definitely not the enemy! Look at food as your energy source and know that you MUST eat in order to see fitness results. Some great pre-workout foods include egg whites, oatmeal, granola, peanut butter, yogurt, lean meats (turkey, chicken, fish), and nuts.
- If you follow number 4 you should arrive to the gym with energy, but for those days that you need an extra boost, there are energy enhancers you can try. There are thousands of pre-workout products you can find at your local vitamin/supplement store. I personally don’t use them often and haven’t found one that works better than an other. (If you love one, leave it in the comments!) Also, you can try vitamins such as B6, B12, or take a caffeine pill prior to your workout.
- Although it is difficult at times, especially those who have demanding work schedules, make sure you are getting enough sleep at night. Your body completely recharges during your sleep cycle and will boost your amount of energy and mind focus. Fun Fact: Your muscles grow during rest. The amount of sleep you are getting will affect your progression in your fitness goals. SLEEP!
- Before any type of workout, stretching is crucial! Stretching prevents injuries and will help with mobility in your workouts. With flexibility comes more productive exercises. Take at least 10-15 minutes to take a deep stretch holding each stretch 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Last, but so important, have your fitness goals in mind prior to a workout. No, one bad workout doesn’t ruin your goals. But, giving consistently mediocre effort during your workouts will lead to delayed results. Motivation doesn’t always come naturally. You have to be focused and inspired enough to know that only YOU have the power to show up, both physically and mentally. Write your goals down and don’t stop until they’re accomplished.
Thank you for reading! Have a blessed, positive day! =)